Information on our website is commentary and based on personal opinion gathered from experience, in order to guide those looking for assistance in their career search.
How well you sell, market and present your qualifications will determine your next career endeavor.
Your resume is a tool to get you an interview –
not a job
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO…
- Hiring managers are looking for what you do professionally and what you have accomplished – not personal information
- Hiring managers are looking for the best person to fill a position, not an objective of what you would like to do
- There are many resume formats; choose one that will represent your accomplishments clearly
- Complete your resume in a Word format; more than 90% of computer users use Word
- Stay away from fancy graphics, unusual fonts, vertical columns, etc. All of these things are hard to convert into RTF which most database store resumes in
- Do not include a picture of yourself
- Remember you have 30 seconds to grab the attention of the reader
- Include facts, figures, revenues generated and specific industry strengths
- Ensure that all information is accurate and comprehensive
- Include the type of idea you have implemented